January 16, 2011

What would you call that flavor?


I never was a 'cooking girl'. But since I'm raw, I sometimes feel like Disney's Ratatouille. My taste is a lot more sensitive than it used to be, and I love to experiment with different kind of flavors. It's all about how to create a wonderful marriage of flavors and textures. Almost sounds like I'm a little chef! ;-)

I want to share with you a recipe I love: Juliano's Cheezy Kelp Noodles with portobello mushrooms, green onions and fresh basil on top. It's really easy to prepare. Here's the basic recipe from his website http://www.planetraw.com/:

Cheezy Kelp Noodles
Prep Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Wait Time: 1 hour
Equipment: Vita-Mix blender, Excalibur dehydrator
Lasts: 1 day
Servings: 4

- 2 packages Sea Tangle Kelp Noodles
- 1⁄2 c nut cheeze (see below)
- 1⁄8 c olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 TBS fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp Bragg Aminos
- 3 TBS Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp black pepper

Mix everything in mixing bowl, add 4 TBS chopped portobello mushrooms, 2 tsp green onions and 2 tsp fresh basil, minced, and place in the dehydrator for 1 hour. For juicier taste I recommend to cover it.


Nut cheese
- 2 c cashews (I used 1 c cashews and 1 c Macademia nuts)
- 1 tsp de-stemmed finely minced fresh rosemary
- 3 TBS fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 c water

Blend into a thick cream, add more water if needed.


I wish I could share it with you. It's got this kind of nutty, melty taste... Raw Appetit!

Love,
Elis :-*

No comments: